Monday, March 2, 2015

Book Review: Agent with a History by Guy S. Stanton, III


Agent with a History, by Guy S. Stanton, III
2013, 196p, Action Adventure/Romance
My Rating=4 Stars
Source: Received a copy from the author for an honest review



It's been one long day for Lisa and her headache is living proof of it. Most of it she blamed on the full moon outside. Things always got crazy this time of the month, but this month was exceptional. She needed sleep bad and only hoped the nightmares that haunted her would leave her alone for at least one night. They don't. She wakes up as usual screaming only to find out that her nightmare has just begun, because she's not alone in her room. One man has been gruesomely tortured to death in a ritualistic killing. An entire police precinct has been reconstructed down to the smallest detail in an abandoned warehouse and a mysterious stranger known only as Flint seems to be the cause of it all. It's a case that is fast turning into one big headache for Lisa Tauranto a detective for the NYPD, but it gets much worse when her past, that she's tried so hard to bury, rises up to engulf her in its golden grip once again. Lisa is ripped from the existence that she so pain stakingly built for herself into a mixed up world of intrigue, where nothing is as it seems. It's a fight to survive and to protect what she is sworn to, but will love conquer all? Will she betray her oath to be happy? Does she even have a choice anymore or does a several thousand year old mystery hold enough weight in treasure to drag her down with it? Everyone wants her dead, everyone that is but for one man who is the cause of all her upheaval in the first place. He's an agent working for someone, but she doesn't know who. She only hopes he's as good as his kisses make her believe him to be.

When this author contacted me, I was intrigued when he mentioned that he features a strong Christian standpoint in his books and there would be no explicit sex scenes or foul language. I was curious to see if he would deliver. I am happy to say that he does--there is some mature content but nothing that is explicit.

Lisa Tauranto is a detective who starts working a case that ends up being very personal for her. She becomes involved with a man she knows as Flint and they are attracted to each other. She's not quite sure if she can trust him, though. As the story progresses, we learn more about Lisa's past and the secret she must go to great lengths to keep hidden.

I liked this story from the beginning. Towards the middle, as we started to learn more about Lisa, I got to the point where I didn't want to put it down. There were plenty of twists and turns and I wasn't sure who to trust and what the motives of some people were. Including Flint. I liked him and wanted him to be good but wasn't sure. I enjoyed their banter and relationship which is why I was hopeful it would all work out in the end. 

The ending is satisfying but I feel like there's still much to learn about Flint. There are currently six books in this series and I'm not sure if Flint is in more of them but I hope he is. I look forward to reading more so I can find out!


The author has two other series out as well. A Warrior's Redemption is Epic Fantasy/Science Fiction and Journey into the Deep is Action Adventure/Science Fiction. Be sure to check those out at the links below:



I'm a dreamer, a poet, a lover, a husband, a father, and a man of God. I'm inspired by what I've seen and what I've read, but what I create with my words is where I dream. I pray for inspiration, and I enjoy what I have written just as I hope that others will as well. I'm a quiet man on the outside, but writing has become the playground of my soul to express itself in the grandeur of the created worlds and tales that I have been fortunate enough to dream of. The best way to find out more about me is to read my books. I write from the heart and I express both my shortcomings and my triumphs. I like to think of my writing as 'Reality Fiction'. I tell it like I see it. Life is short and the troubles many, but with faith in Jesus Christ all things have become possible to me. I may write 'make believe', but I strive to live out what I write. I enjoy my work and I hope you do too. Have a blessed time reading my imaginative thoughts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment