Monday, February 4, 2013

Success!

So, Saturday we had our Book and Bake Sale and it was a success! Thanks to those of you that stopped by. We estimated that we collected around 500 books and we had all kinds there--children, fiction, nonfiction, young adult, LDS (fiction and nonfiction), old, new, etc. There were so many great books to choose from! I waited until the end to pick out my new treasures and I was very happy with what I got. There were more that caught my eye but my shelves are already overloaded so I was more selective with what I took home. 

It was such a fun day hanging out with books, treats and great friends! Our friend, Katie, who we collected money for, came as we were cleaning up and we were able to present her with our earnings and there were tears and hugs all around. She's doing well right now and we hope to continue to hear positive news about her in the future!

Between the Book and Bake Sale, running errands, attending church and watching the Super Bowl with family, I had a busy, fun and tiring weekend and didn't get too much reading done.

Please be sure to enter my giveaway if you haven't already! It ends tomorrow night. I hope to do more giveaways in the future and would like to know if there's a particular genre you might be interested in. I still have a fairly large collection of books and there are many I would like to read and then pass on to another home.



0 comments:

Post a Comment